Us
- Danette and Joseph
- This Blog was first started to keep family and friends posted on my trek through the maze of chemotherapy. Now it will be used to keep those same folks updated on Joseph's trek through that same maze. We're all in this together.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
So, during my middle-of-the-night worries, I emailed Tuscano and asked him some questions about my new situation. writing the email made me feel instantly calmer, hoping to receive some soothing words back from him. How many times do you think I checked email today? Take that number and triple it. Kim is at the movies with the kids and I was enjoying the quiet twilight when....Tuscano called! He wanted to make sure I was okay emotionally and he gave me his cell number in case I had any questions while Joseph is away (isn't that nice?!) He referred to the study I read and explained that some of the things they don't tell you are the ages of the patients who died from bleo toxicity....they weren't just over 40, they were "well over 40". He also explained that they had acute forms of the toxicity, whereas he described mine as "relatively mild". He is still putting my overall survival rate at 90%. Okay, so it dropped 5% since my PET scan, but I'll take it over the 65% the publication sited. I know I need to let go of these silly statistics and just live my life. No number can dicatate my outcome. I'm the one who's going to do that. So, no more cancer abstract reading for me! I'm through! These big girl panties are working...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
[img src="http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s265/jennlr04/BigGirlPanties.jpg"]
I love Tuscano. He really seems to be taking care of you physically and emotionally. You and Joseph are such advocates for your health and well-being. 90% is what the statistics say....so by my math 90% statistics +100% beautiful human being + 100% awesome mommy + 100% warrior + 100% fabulous teacher + 100% beloved mom, wife, daughter, granddaughter, friend = a long and happy life!
Those are the greatest statistics I've ever seen!!! They'd be welcome in my math class anytime. You are way more than a number and you will change those statistics. You will topple them over and give hope to others!!! You go Wonder Warrior!! Love you!
Post a Comment