Friday, January 9, 2009

Okay, Joseph has been in Mexico for the past week, leaving the kids and I to fin for ourselves. Last night was a perfect example of what our time together entailed......
I was in the kitchen preparing custom dinners for the three of us. Scrambling eggs, baking french fries, warming soy sausage, cooking rice, chopping broccoli and heating up stew pour moi. I'm an octopus with all burners going, feeling quite proud, when all of a sudden, Zoe comes into the kitchen looking sheepish. She says, "Mom, come into the bathroom. I put too much toilet paper in the toilet." I reluctantly turn my back on the stove to check out her trouble. Sure enough there's half the roll in there. Hoping that it just looks like half the roll, I flush it. Wrong! Water starts overflowing everywhere! I sprint for the garage grabbing a handful of rags and the plunger. Zoe is following me frantically whispering, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." As I'm racing back through the kitchen, the eggs are smoking, and the oven beeper is going off. I turn off the eggs and run down the hall. The phone is ringing now. After a quick fix in the bathroom I try to salvage the food. In the midst of this, Kai is scooting along the kitchen floor on his butt exclaiming, "I pooped! Mom, change my diaper!!!!" Deep breaths are happening at this point. Neither of the kids would touch their food, so they had cold broccoli for dinner. I left the dishes in the sink, the rags on the floor in the bathroom and called it a night. Other highlights of this week included milk spills, a flour spill, burning my arm with steam, Kai falling off his chair not once, but twice resulting in goose eggs, and a multitude of fights, time-outs and tantrums (thrown by all three of us).

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Needless to say, you had me LOL!!

JaniSmi said...

Sounds like when I babysit Riley and Owen! Owen will now tell you poo poo, pee pee on the potty and laugh, doesn't do either one!! Boys are slower. When I read these I wish I lived closer to help you.
Lots of love, A. Jan