Natalie....is an amazing friend. She has a gentle spirit, and a huge heart. When I need to talk, she listens with her entire body, responding thoughtfully, and honestly. She is sensitive to people and their energies, intuiting moods and emotions with incredible accuracy. She's got the best poker face of anyone I know, allowing her to fool even the most alert. Her laugh is genuine and deep. She's the only one who would be crazy enough to drive to Oregon and back with me in the same day at a moment's notice. Her door is always open for tea, especially in the wee hours of morning when neither of us can sleep. She's got a wild side, which I love, that only comes out when she feels safe. During the beginning of my treatments as my hair was getting shorter and I had a fierce fight in me, she said, "Lymphoma becomes you." Recently when I opened the door to invite her in, she looked at my shaved head and laughed loudly saying, "You're lucky you have a beautiful face!" Only she could get away with that without receiving a black eye. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for the help she's given me so far....organizing meals, collecting quotes, throwing me a kick cancer's ass party, the almost daily phone calls checking on me, popping over when she thinks I need a break in the routine, making sure I have rides to my appointments, and giving me encouragement to see the end.

1 comment:
Natalie, I love you!
Post a Comment