Tuesday, January 20, 2009



Kim was such a big help last week! I was useless, while she ran around keeping the kids busy and happy. They (we) loved having her. After she left on Saturday, I had somewhat of an emotional meltdown. As I lay on the bed crying, Kai came up to me and stroked my hand saying, "It'll be alright, mom." Then Zoe climbed into bed with me and rubbed my back. They pulled me out of it and we played in the yard and created at the art table all day. Natalie and Elizabeth came over to rescue me in the evening, toting flowers, nail polish, a movie for the kids, tamales and beer. Good friends.

Joseph finally came home late last night and all is right in my world. EXCEPT that #1: his travel logs included a late night disco with professional Moroccan dancers, and #2: his bags are lost, which contain the presents that would make up for #1!

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Danette, Danette, you need to encourage Joseph to carry those sweet, valuable gifts on the airplane along with him so they won't EVER get lost! We are so glad he is home safely... that is the true gift, afterall. I wish we lived closer to you. (sigh)

Meg said...

Hey Danette! Reading your blog is great! I commented a couple of days ago but did something wong. Hope this one gets through.
I love reading about your friends. Hi Natalie, Hi Kim, Hi Elizabeth! It's almost like meeting them.
Friends sure do make life better. One of mine emailed yesterday as I was leaving school. How about dinner? Pizza and champagne. Then a group of us watched the news and celebrated Obama!!! Hooray for change. And Hooray for your win too. Me(g)