Tuesday, October 28, 2008

two birds with one stone

Tuesday, Joseph and I had our oncology appointments with Dr. Tuscano. Mine was at 1:00 and Joseph's at 1:30. We just took turns being on the hot seat. Me first....Because the bone pain was so extreme with the neulasta shot, we're going to try the neupogen 7 day shot series instead. I'll still have pain, but potentially not as severe. Maybe my counts will be high enough that I won't even need the damn shots! Everything else is going smoothly. Vitamin E took care of the mouth sores in 2 days, and the nausea is under control with Ativan.
Next, Joseph.....Dr. Tuscano gave him a physical exam and while feeling his neck said, "What's it been? Six years?" -No, seven.- "I can't believe there's nothing there." Smiles all around. That's when I fall in love with Joseph all over again. He's amazing and wonderful for choosing his heart's path and sticking with it.
Dr. Tuscano is wonderful too. We are lucky to be guided by such a caring, patient, knowledgeable and passionate person. Just look at that smile!

No comments: