
I am nervous about tomorrow's chemo. It's the second one. How will my body respond? Will I get sick this time? Being hooked up in a chair for 3 hours doesn't make for a good morning. But... Someone told me they had a friend who went through chemo and treated each of her sessions like a spa treatment. She saw it as her time to sit still and focus on just herself. She took a bag full of her favorite snacks, listened to her favorite music on an i-pod, and wrote letters, or in her journal, or played sudoku, or just sat and thought about how wonderful it was going to be when she was cured.
So, I've got my bag packed......you guessed it! lemon drops (a la my friend, Lynne), ginger pops (a la my sister-in-law, Diane), a picture of my family, my i-pod, a deck of cards, a sudoku book, a favorite purple pen, a stack of thank you cards, and a bunch of inspirational quotes (a la friends and family).
Spa Cancer Center! Who is that woman sitting in that chair? She doesn't look sick, and she still has all her hair. Could it be? I think it is....It's Wonder Woman!

4 comments:
good for you! when my dad was going through it, he would think of one of the other patients.
she was 16 and would ride the city bus from school to the doctor and when she was done with chemo, her boyfriend would pick her up and take her home.
daddy would always tell me that if she could do it, so could he and that he wouldn't complain anymore.
stay strong, Wonder Woman! your friends from Ventura County love you!
I think it's Wonder Danette!
Thank you for sharing this. Whether you have hair or not, your body feels strong or weak, your thinking is cup half full or cup half empty (it's only natural to have both sides at different times), or you're energized or fatigued....you are a WONDER WOMAN! I'm sending my love.
Continue to stay strong and keep your positive attitude =] With or without hair you are a beautiful strong woman!! We love you.
Post a Comment