I already mentioned how wonderful my parents were when they were here. Mom worked with Kai on his ABC's and Dad taught Zoe how to ride her bike without training wheels! Amazing feats, both. They took the kids to the fire station to meet the firemen and get a close look at the engines. Both of them spent the rest of the week putting out fake fires around the house. Dad cooked two marvelous dinners, installed a garage door opener and.....drum roll, please..... got the red truck running! We picked Zoe up from school and she was shocked to see her car seat in the front of the truck. To top it all off, we went and got marionberry freezes. Mom cleaned all of my kitchen cabinets, baked an apple pie, and washed loads and loads of dishes. She also took me to my surgery on Friday. It was comforting to have her at my side as they prepped me for the port installation.
At the week's end, I think my parents were both wiped out. I was so sad to see them go. The kids cried, but I made them feel better with the prospect that they would return next month.
Now we are anticipating the arrival of.......GG and Ralph! Kathleen is an amazing cook, so I'm sure she's got some delicious concoctions planned, and Ralph is as good at doing dishes as my mom. They both love to take the kids out and about- movies, to lunch, the farmers' market, train rides to Sacramento or the park. They're really really good at getting them tuckered out.
Long story short, I am lucky to have such wonderful support in parent form. There's something special about being nurtured, even at 38.

2 comments:
You are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. We will all be right beside you through this current challenge in your life.
Sharon
hey danette!
love the photos of your fab family. i miss you and hope you are feeling OK. how cool to have the folks come and take care of you and the family! whether we are sick or OK, that is always nice having someone to do the "heavy lifting".
muchas smooches,
shannon
Post a Comment