Monday, October 6, 2008

Number One

The first treatment went okay. I was really nervous, but not nearly as nervous as Joseph. He and I paced in the hallway waiting for my name to be called. The nurse, Tom, was really nice and helpful. He told us all about the possible side-effects of each drug I'd be receiving. The list is incredible....nausea, the runs, constipation, shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, change in skin color, tiredness, and on and on and on......okay, so bring it on already!!!! But I had no side effects, and we finished our 4.5 hour session in no time! On the way home we stopped at Macy's and bought a new set of pots and pans. It's strange walking around in public, passing people who are on their errands for this and that. Each one has a story to tell. Each one has some silent suffering they're enduring. I wanted to yell mine out loud. Hey! I just had chemotherapy! Hey! I have cancer! But I brushed by them never to exchange stories. How do I feel? Awake.

No comments: