
Some people find strength in their name, trying to live up to its meaning. Zoe means "life" in Greek. Joseph and I thought that was appropriate, given the health challenges we were facing at the time of her birth. Kai means "ocean" in Hawaiian and "willow" in some Native American languages. We are hoping he can be sensitive and fluid, yet strong in a storm. I was wondering about the meaning of my name, hoping to find some kind of poetic power there. Can you imagine my disappointment to find that the Dannon company has branded me "little yogurt"? I'm determined to find something special in that.

6 comments:
You're not a yogurt, you're a nut!
It seems to me that OLD baby book said it was a form of the name Daniel/Danielle/Danette and it means in Hebrew, god as my judge. Of course, who knows for sure. I think it must mean LOVE because you are so filled with love, you amaze me.
my name is Gaelic for "small and wise". you've known me a long time, so take what you want from it. LOL
whatever your name means, i always thought it was pretty and unique. all these years later, you are still the only Danette i know.
Okay, I'll make you feel better...my name, Molly, is a familiar form of Mary which means "sea of bitterness and sorrow". No, I'm not kidding, it's true. So some of us try to NOT live up to or names and would be happy to be named after a yogurt. Yogurt makes me happy not bitter and sorrowful! : )
Perhaps more important than what the name brings to you, is what you bring to the name. I say Danette means "bold, beautiful and loved," because that is what you have imbued it with. I love you. I think of you everyday, and I agree with your mom, you amaze me. Be strong.
I don't know what my name means but now I am going to find out! Probably it will say, "a derivative of Jane". I think your name means Yogurt because when you think about it Yogurt is - smooth, good, sweet, yummy, and sustaining! You are funny and sweet too! Sending lots of hugs to you! Love, A. Jan
We can trade names if you like. Mine is a form of Marcia which is the feminine version of Marcus which means warrior. I personally don't think you need my name though. You are stronger than a warrior!! Oh and yogurt is really sweet & yummy and I love it =]
Post a Comment