Okay, so this is me outside the center after my third infusion. My friend, Elizabeth, took the day off to accompany me. It was actually an enjoyable (?!) day. We shared secrets and gossip, which lightened the load a bit. The good news is that my white blood cell count is sky-high, so I don't have to take that nasty neulasta shot. The other good news is that my hemoglobin is up another point. I'm still below normal, but am absorbing more iron than I was. No transfusion in the near future. I had a strange reaction to the last chemical this time. Elizabeth and I were in the parking lot, and my face started burning as if I had washed with acid. It was intense. I looked in the mirror and the capillaries in my cheeks had broken. My eyes were burning and I was getting nervous. About 5 minutes later it subsided. I reported the sensations to Tuscano and he said it was an allergic reaction to one of the drugs and at my next infusion, he's prescribing a higher dose of steroids and some benedryl. lovely.

No comments:
Post a Comment