
Okay, you've probably all heard about "chemo brain." I've heard of it too, but I laughed it off as one of those silly myths that people make up to excuse signs of aging. Well, I'm here to tell you it's no myth. I can't remember conversations, plans, dates, names or why the hell I find myself standing in the middle of the garage. Seriously, I stand at the fridge with the door wide open, trying for the life of me to figure out what the heck I wanted to get. Am I hungry? Oh, no, it's for the kids. I get Zoe's, Kai's and Joseph's names mixed up so that I'm starting to say, "Hey, you!" instead. It's like I have a constant hang-over.
People on the phone are starting to say, "Um, Danette, you already told me that." So, please forgive me if I repeat myself. It should go away a year after my treatment ends. Just in time to start showing normal signs of aging. Just in time to start showing normal signs of aging.

2 comments:
As long as you don't forget who we are when we knock on your front door next month, we don't mind if you repeat things! We can't wait to celebrate the halfway mark of your infusions. Yay!!!
all i remember from daddy's chemo was his bones and joints hurt really badly. so he would build a fire in the fireplace and lay down in front of it alot.
but if he had moments of chemo brain, then i admire him so much more for getting his degree while doing chemo and a qudaruple bypass.
make it interesting. as you go places, ask "do i come here often?"
Post a Comment