And here's the day before Joseph's 5th treatment. His brother Michael flew in from Phoenix to visit, play with the kids and take Joseph to his treatment. It was nice to have him around. I could tell Joseph appreciated their time together. They were able to meet Neil for a ridge-walk above Winters. Special moments.I wish I would've started this Blog sooner, but I don't find myself with much time to sit reflectively at the computer. I could've documented Michelle and Katie coming to support us through the last treatment. Katie making a wonderful connection with Zoe and Kai, and Michelle offering her quiet strength. Both of them were incredibly helpful and loving. Easy. And I would've mentioned Kathleen and Ralph's visit for Christmas. The amazing meals on wheels! They had every night's cuisine planned and prepared so we didn't have to think of a single thing. It was lovely. And before that my folks' visit for treatment number 3. How they helped keep the routine in tact while Joseph and I had two long days at the cancer center. And before that was Kim. Coming from Tehachapi at the drop of a hat while Joseph was in the hospital for four days. All of these lifesavers in our lives. All of the love.

2 comments:
I'm so glad your family has been there to help. We'd love to be there, too, if you ever need another set of hands. We're a government-employed and self-employed couple. So, you know our schedules can be flexible! I'm sorry you weren't able to join us in a visit with Amma last Thanksgiving. But, Marijona and I brought a picture of Joseph and asked her to bless him. We all send blessings. Love you all.
The importance of your blog isn't the amount of time you can get on the computer, but the huge web of love and support that you are connecting to.
You and Joseph have an unlimited supply of love. Just type "HELP" and we'll all come running!
Loving you.....
Post a Comment