I received a double surprise over the Thanksgiving holiday. The first was that my friend, Shawna, whom I've known since Kindergarten, drove over from Nevada to visit with me for the day. I think the last time we saw each other was in high school, 20 years ago. It was fun trading family stories and dabbling down memory lane. She's warm, calm and kind-hearted. Her teenage daughter, Jordyn, came with her and proved just as delightful as Shawna. It was a special day to say the least.
The second surprise came in the form of my friend, Lorraine. We not only taught next door to each other for 10 years, but were neighbors until she and her husband moved to the mountains to raise sheep! I miss her terribly, but she popped over one evening to deliver lots of hugs and a hat she had made from her sheep. It's beautiful and warm....just like Lorraine.

2 comments:
Shawna! I would recognize you anywhere! The only change is you are more beautiful than ever! What fun to be reconnected!!
Danette, Jordyn & I had so much fun. Even though we hadn't seen each other for 20 years it sure didn't seem like it. It felt like we were right back in high school =] You look absolutely amazing & sooo BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait for you & your family to come down to So Cal & visit. We all have to go to Disneyland to celebrate when you kick that cancers A** Thanks for the very special day we had =]
All my love XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
See you SOON =]
Sandee, thank you so muck for the kind words. You too look amazing. Maybe next time we can visit Danette at the same time =]
Post a Comment