Thursday, March 15, 2012

glow-in-the-dark mama

Today was my three year scan. It always feels a little creepy being injected with radioactive fluoride. I tried to kill time afterward, to stay away from Zoe and Kai. Took myself out to lunch on Broadway at a Buddhist Vietnamese restaurant. Watched the crazy Sacramento folk while eating tofu and rice. It was lovely to be alone. Then went shopping at the Plaza, and grocery shopping at Trader Joe's. Finally, I went home and the kids ran away screaming, "Mom's radioactive! AAaaahhhh!!!!" Very funny.
All of this to say that while reading them a story, Dr. Tuscano called Joseph with the news that my scan results are clear. And that because it's been three years, I'm as good as cured.
I'm giddy with relief.
Now to get Joseph some of that.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Yes! One down and one to go.

Go, Cancer, Be GONE!!!

Forever.

Shawna said...

Thought I would check in... So happy to hear you are officially cleared!!! YAY!!! I will now focus my prayers for you onto Joseph :) Cancer BE GONE!!!!